EVGA has introduced a new BP lineup of low cost bronze power supplies. The MSRP is $84.99 for the BP710.
The BP power supplies feature a 115 mm hydraulic bearing fan and are only 120mm long making them the much smaller than the previous BR series. The single rail design eliminates concerns over which cable needs to go where. The BP is small enough even for a µATX chassis.
- OVP (Over Voltage Protection)
- UVP (Under Voltage Protection)
- OCP (Overcurrent Protection)
- OPP (Over Power Protection)
- SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
- OTP (Over Temperature Protection)
- DC to DC Converter: For 3.3 V and 5 V
- 100,000 Hours MTBF
While the BP series have fixed cables, this makes the lineup far less expensive in a competitive market. Zip ties can handle unused cables easily.
- ATX cable
- EPS12V cable
- 2x pigtail PCIe cables
- 3x SATA cables
- 1 molex cable
The fan noise is almost imperceptible until the load rises much past 50%.
Nations with 230V can run a PSU more efficiently than 115V standard. The BP 710 is clearly well above the minimum for 80 plus bronze.