KB4579311 applies to Windows 10 version 2004 and Windows Server 2019 version 2004. The OS build is now 19041.572.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- Addresses an issue with the Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetic order from %systemroot%\system32. This issue occurs when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file deletions might cause stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” boot failures.
- Addresses an issue with creating null ports using the user interface.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Kernel.
Microsoft is now consolidating support instead of having several separate areas. This will affect services while the changes are implemented.
While we are consolidating our content management system (CMS) and web endpoints, there is no change to our content delivery strategy. We will continue to release the following documentation:
- All existing release notes, including:
- Monthly security updates (“B” releases)
- Non-security updates (Preview releases)
- Out of band updates (“OOB” releases)
- Existing support articles dating back to 2016, including informational and standalone articles, for supported operating systems.
- New articles for supported operating systems and those supported by extended security updates (ESUs).
- Content for existing channels, such as Windows Update, Microsoft Catalog, and Windows Server Update Services.
We will also continue to localize the latest cumulative update and rollup articles in the same languages—and support the best parts of the existing user experience, such as the ability to:
- Quickly find related articles (or articles for other versions of Windows)
- Leave feedback in the form of a comment on an individual article